Generally for WordPress Theme Development, I made use of Thesis and Hybrid framework. For versatility, I loved the Thesis most. I heard about Genesis but didn’t use because I’d no license for it. Anyway, one of my clients requested me to transform a PSD layout to WordPress Theme using Genesis Framework. And That I really was amazed while focusing on that.
For last couple of days using Genesis Framework, I discovered some advantage which could easily beat Thesis, let’s check:
- Built in multiple page layout per page/post basis
- Flexible Child Theme Support
- Easy Footer Widget, Header and Background image addition system
- Built in Breadcrumb and number based post navigation support
- Easy to produce Page Template
- Easy to personalize loop
- Better dropdown navigation menu, two navigation menu support
- Too many hooks
- Too many built-in widgets
- Too many plugins prepared to extend functionality and versatility
Thesis is much better for normal usage, because to alter colors, width, logo and favicon is simple there. But for me, Genesis is the greatest one for developer. What is your opinion?